- setting page size, orientation, number of columns and line spacing
- using page margins and gutter purposefully
- explaining why it is necessary to use page, section and column breaks, to adjust pagination and to avoid widows and orphans
- setting line spacing, including: single, 1.5 times, double, multiple, spacing before and after paragraphs
- formatting text as bulleted or numbered lists to meet the needs of the audience
- customizing headers and footers by inserting date, page number, text, image and document property fields
- inserting and editing images and tables
Students have discussed the difference between serif and sans-serif fonts. Moreover, bookmarking and inserting hyperlink allowed students to navigate to sections of documents with multiple pages. Students can also use Google Docs for word processing and document production.